[thechat] I Hate Windows!

ashok at magicalkenya.com ashok at magicalkenya.com
Thu Jun 6 08:11:10 CDT 2002

>It *did* start happening about the time we switched
>to a domain controller here in the office

Were you running DNS on your internal network ? I had a similar
problem when we dumped our internal networks dns server, my win2k
prof still had static dns entries for the dns server,
it used to take 10 minutes to log-in to the pc... and after that
the cpu utilization stuff. (it was trying to send my user profile
to the domain server and was looking for the domain name on the
non-existent dns server...).

did you try logging in locally using the local admin. account ?
that seemed to fix my problem...
(here there is no profile info. to be sent to any domain server so
it should be faster..)

do you have one of those old HP printers connected directly to your
comp ? some of those old drivers are known to hang windows ....

And i always install sp1 and then install sp2 over it, i have had
problems directly installing sp2 , typically i also reinstall sp2
whenever  i reinstall a system component like iis...

------
Ashok Hariharan
http://www.unganisha.org
Disclaimer : The contents of this mail should not be construed as  a "if
you attack me, I'll blast your arse" veiled threat
------

                    Ben Dyer
                    <ben_dyer at imaginuit        To:     thechat at lists.evolt.org
                    y.com>                     cc:
                    Sent by:                   Subject:     [thechat] I Hate Windows!
                    thechat-admin at lists
                    .evolt.org

                    05/06/2002 23:26
                    Please respond to