[thechat] Winows Media Player 7.0 Visualizations

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Sun Jun 9 13:53:00 CDT 2002

At 10:33 PM 6/8/2002, you wrote:
>i dont speak english very good but i still not
>ashamed to post on english list.
>do english speaker ever post to italian list ?
>in the end too much is too much.
>hope everybody  understand my 'poor english'.

OK, since I'm guilty of the "cosine" joke, let me state my case.

Alessandro, I'm really sorry to see you leave. I wish you wouldn't, because
the people on this list are a very friendly bunch, and most of them are
good friends of mine, even though I've never met a single one of them.

As for my remark, if you see the whole email, I put in a little smiley at
the end, which was supposed to mean that it was a joke, and I wasn't
actually trying to offend anyone. It was quite obvious that the word
"cosine" had appeared only because of a spelling checker mistake. I'm
pretty sure Syed took it as a joke, and wasn't offended by it.

I'm sorry if you took it the wrong way. Like Dave said, I'm an Indian, so
English isn't technically my first language either. I hope you'll consider
coming back to thechat, and participate actively. It's the diversity and
the global membership that makes the evolt.org community so interesting,
and I've learn a lot about Western culture that I might not have known
otherwise.

Cheers,

Madhu

Madhu Menon