[thechat] the political compass

Norman Bunn norman.bunn at craftedsolutions.com
Mon Jun 10 15:22:01 CDT 2002

The problem as I see it is with the questions themselves and the fact that
there was no place for a "neither" option.  IOW, there are "issues" where I
do not have an opinion, but I have to choose.  In other cases, I would
either agree or disagree, where given a slight re-wording of the question,
I would have moved to a "strongly" option.  For example, on the one where
is was more important for the wife to be a homemaker, I had to
disagree.  But if the question had been whether I believed that at least
one parent should be at home during the formative years of a child's life,
I would have strongly agreed.

Economic Left/Right: 2.12
Authoritarian/Libertarian: 0.26

Norman