[thechat] the political compass

noah noah at tookish.net
Tue Jun 11 14:44:04 CDT 2002

At 02:52 PM 11/06/2002, Hugh Blair wrote:
>http://www.digitalronin.f2s.com/politicalcompass/index.html
>
>Running scores in alpha order:

etc.

It's interesting how many of these scores would lie pretty close to a
diagonal line running from the bottom left through the centre to the top
right. (I'm sure such a line would have a clever mathematical-type name,
but I have no idea what that might be). Even the samples on the page that
give you your score seem to follow this trend -- only one or two people
fall within the top left and bottom right quadrants.

Makes one wonder if "the old one-dimensional categories" really are too
simplistic.

Anyway:

Economic Left/Right: -5.75
Authoritarian/Libertarian: -6.51