[thechat] Microsoft Access 97 Query

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Wed Jun 12 18:39:00 CDT 2002

---- Original Message ----
From: "Syed Zeeshan Haider" <szh at hotpop.com>
To: <thechat at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2002 9:14 PM
Subject: Re: [thechat] Microsoft Access 97 Query

> [snip]
>
> > please exercise discretion in how frequently you come here for
> > help
>
> Please clarify the word "help". Is it technical help or social help?
> For example, I have been asking for help related to music. I call it
> social help.

I think what's being asked is perhaps more of an interest in use of search
engines, instead of constantly querying thechat with a myriad of unrelated
queries, including ones which really belong on thelist - I know that for a
few queries you've asked of thechat, a simple google query has turned up a
lot of relevant results.

If you're asking questions or looking for any kind of help with the intent
of sparking off relevant and/or interesting discussion, which some of your
queries have, then that's one thing -- but using this group as a substitute
for google, or any other search engine, comes off as a little bit rude to
me.

--
_ __/|   ___  ___ __ _________  "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
\`O_o'  / _ \/ -_) // / __/ _ \  for Sega." -- Brodie, 'Mallrats'