[thechat] Find your ideal US city

Garrett Coakley garrett at polytechnic.co.uk
Thu Jun 13 03:40:00 CDT 2002

On Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 03:04:28AM +0100, John Handelaar wrote:

> I live to *have* museums, opera and all that, but
> I don't want to *go* to them.  The survey questions
> wanted to know if I'd actually visit :-)

Luddite *:p

My top three were:

Hartford, Connecticut - The Insurance Capital apparently. Am I really that
boring?!

Eugene, Oregon - The Emerald City. 'Follow the yellow brick road, follow
the yellow brick road'. (I gotta say, I do like the look of this place).

Portland, Oregon - Bit of an Oregon theme going on here.

Boston was forth, which was kinda cool because I've always liked the idea
of Boston. Dunno why, never been there, I just like the idea of there
being a Boston.

G.