[thechat] Portland OR & other urban thoughts

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Thu Jun 13 13:31:03 CDT 2002

I love Portland OR, but if you live close in you need to enjoy (or
tolerate) a lot of car exhaust.  I can't seem to get used to it.

Minneapolis is also a cool town but cold as shit in winter.  Two of
my best girlfriends live there.  It's more sprawly but less stinky
than Portland.

Seattle -- got too big in the 80's.   Plus they're gonna have huge 8+
occasional earthquakes and the soils aren't stable enough; they
aren't as prepared as they ought to be (maybe more now than two years
ago, lol).

I was raised a country girl, but I enjoy the city.  I just wish the
weren't all so damn polluted.  blah.

I have a *thing* about involuntary exposures to carcinogenic chemicals...

(college construction today: and a lovely fresh asphalt smell in my
office.... must be making me cranky.)

Erika