[thechat] Find your ideal US city

Hugh Blair hblair at hotfootmail.com
Thu Jun 13 14:01:01 CDT 2002

I live here: http://makeashorterlink.com/?G14C55D01
just south of "the mall" (Woodfield). For a job that requires a lot of
flying, living here - and using O'Hare - is the best choice for total
US travel. There isn't a better airport to cover the whole US. But when
my main job changes and travel isn't as important, I'm out-of-here.
Probably to the mountains of Colorado. Or, depending on $, the coast of
Maine or the beaches of the "Big Island", or both :)

> ... if I had a nickel for every hour I've spent in O'Hare ...}

At last count, I've taken 42 trips through O'Hare so far this year.
And it's only the middle of June. Airports so far this year:
ORD, PDX, MID, MSP, ANC, FIA, SEA, LAX, BDL, CID, EWR, LGA, SFO,
KOA, GRB, CMH, DFW, TXK, MSY, ATL, CLT - and if you're dizzy by now,
http://www.mapping.com/airportcodes.html Several of them many times.
And the stories I could tell you about "security"? It would take a book.

Talk about "nickel"s. Any of you going through here, try to fly
American. Their terminal got a rebuild last year and the food court is
great. United (the other "hub" carrier here) has 2 nice terminals, all
the others are mediocre. Oh, and Midway airport really sucks. Only use
it if you get a *real* cheap fair and don't have a choice.

--
    Hugh