[thechat] Disc Golf?

Plunkett, Matt MPlunkett at MSA.com
Fri Jun 14 09:05:00 CDT 2002

You shouldn't play disc golf with a frisbee!  Those things are flimsy and
you can't huck em good. :P

I need to get into golf now that I'm getting a bit on the round side for
Ultimate...or maybe I should get back into Ultimate to lose the roundness...
The few times I've played golf I've used one of my discraft ultimate discs
(175g), didn't work out too well for putting.

	-----Original Message-----
	From:	Luther, Ron [SMTP:Ron.Luther at hp.com]
	Sent:	Friday, June 14, 2002 9:53 AM
	To:	thechat at lists.evolt.org
	Subject:	RE: [thechat] Disc Golf?

	Well ... I remembered that Rudy played Ultimate - I think there was
a thread about the "land shark" thing some time ago - so I figgered he might
do the golf thing too....

	It just kinda seemed to me like something evolters would be into.

	[.. not good ..] Bah! It's all about fun!  I think we played a hole
or two backwards last night - shooting from the 5th tee to the 8th green ...
and we *definitely* weenied out and skipped the water hazard holes ... but
who cares?

	We had a blast!  We took my buddies 12 year old son - and he had a
great time too!  His dad bought him a custom hi-tech frisbee last night - so
he's a hero today!

	{We ran into the guy who runs discgolf.com or something like that
over at the course last night.  He was selling frisbees. <rolls eyes> ...
He was driving a Lexus LS400 - with 'disc golf' vanity plates - <stops
rolling eyes> - and selling frisbees. ... Damn! I guess it must be tough to
have to *work* for a living!}

	I think we did pretty well - I got a couple of pars, one of which
took a lucky 50' putt threading a few trees.  My buddy got a very lucky roll
with his driver and actually got a birdie! ... [Damn! I'm gonna have to
break a few of his fingers today!]

	;-)

	RonL.