[thechat] Disc Golf?

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Fri Jun 14 09:24:01 CDT 2002

Hi Matt,

Oops! Sorry - my bad on the lingo. We were both using "official" Innova and/or Millenium golf discs last night. {All PDGA approved! We even shied away from the "experimental" drivers in case they might be 'illegal' clubs!} We went over to a sporting goods store at lunch last Tuesday where I bought a driver, a midrange, and a putter.  [My buddy did bring along _one_ Whammo frisbee - but he didn't use it much - and I doubt he will bring it again.]

I'm not sure who makes that fancy disc he bought his son - but it is a *very* fancy disc.  Some hi-tech clear plastic thing {kind of midrange driver in shape} that allegedly won't "taco" like a normal golf disc after you hit a few trees. [He says knowingly ... as he's picking up the language!]

I even bought a tie dyed '2002 Worlds' driver last night that was personally tie-dyed by someone whose name I'd supposedly be impressed with if I knew anything at all about the sport.

Hey - it's not either/or!  If there are enough folks, you can play Ultimate.  If there ain't, you can play golf.

RonL.
(Who is soooo old he will probably keep slipping up and calling it frisbee golf by mistake.  Hey, at least I didn't call it "Pluto Platter" golf!  [Even though I still have my original Pluto Platter.])