[thechat] by the numbers

jswiders jswiders at members.evolt.org
Fri Jun 14 20:53:00 CDT 2002

 From this week's Sports Illustrated:
16: Percentage by which sales of Argentine wine dropped in England in the two days
before the Argentina-England World Cup match last week, according to supermarket
chain Safeway.  In that same time, Argentine wine sales rose 22% in Scotland.

Ticket Price for the Tyson-Lewis fight on the riverside in Memphis:
$2,400 for ringside seats.
Street Price immediately beforehand:
$1,400.
Markup: -42%.

Go figure.

Jonathon Isaac Swiderski      jswiders at cs.oberlin.edu
    900 barton dr. \\ ann arbor mi 48105-1232 usa

   "What we have to learn to do we learn by doing"
    -- Aristotle, Ethica Nicomachea II (c 325 BC)