[thechat] PWC alternative name

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Sat Jun 15 20:17:00 CDT 2002

On Sunday, June 16, 2002, at 02:05  am, rudy wrote:

> from a lengthy post vilifying the name change --
>
>     Their rebranding announcement was so badly flubbed,
>     perhaps I shouldn't be too surprised to see how little
>     attention it's received.

hmm - not sure that coverage in pretty much every bit of financial media
for a week is 'little attention'. If you had to pay for that space, it'd
probably cost $100m.

>     Throwing $110 million at Wolff Olins

Wolff Olins didn't get anything like that amount - that's the total for
everything including buying domain names, changing signage, new business
cards, redesigned publications etc etc etc

> to rebrand your company
>     gets you a new name and a new look. But people will still figure
>     out for themselves what they think of you.

Yes. And that's what most of the communications have said. The name will
only mean something when it *is* something more than a name.

Cheers
Martin
   tel:	+44 (0)774 063 9985				Edinburgh,