[thechat] RIP goes titsup.com, as do my mail preferences

jswiders at members.evolt.org jswiders at members.evolt.org
Mon Jun 17 17:32:00 CDT 2002

Martin put in:
>> (praise the lord)
>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/uk_politics/newsid_2049000/2049308.stm

Garrett added:
> I get the horrible feeling it's only a temporary respite though. The
> fuckers will still get it through somehow.

Sometimes I've wished I lived in the British Isles.  Sometimes I haven't.
This would be one of the later times.  Not that we're that much better but,
when was the last time you had three chipmunks walk through *your* window
in four days?

On a somewhat sourer note,
sometimes I've wished I had my own server to administrate.  Sometimes I
haven't.  If you're wondering why my email may look a little bit different
this time out, it's because in the last three hours since I last checked
this address, every last one of my preferences was deleted.  All of them.
And yes, I *am* bitter.  Maybe I just need a good hard drink and a
vacation, but I'm getting really sick of this crap, and after the last
week, I'm considering going back to having my mail forwarded on to one of
my other accounts (which are legion; don't worry about that).

Finding this snippet on Google made my day:
.... Next to alcohol, and perhaps alongside it, the most pernicious fluid
is ... family values.
search: alcohol minor site:www4.law.cornell.edu; result 11.

Jonathon Isaac Swiderski       jswiders at cs.oberlin.edu
cs.oberlin.edu/~jswiders \ members.evolt.org/jswiders

cat /dev/coffee | /dev/cup | /dev/mouth | /dev/nose > /dev/keyboard