[thechat] kiwi dog food ads

Ben Dyer ben_dyer at imaginuity.com
Tue Jun 18 09:22:01 CDT 2002

On 05:46 AM 6/18/2002, Yousuf Harichara said to me:
>I thought this was a quote from Crocodile Dundee?
>Maybe I am on a different wavelength?!
>
> > (you call that a knife?  this is a knife!)

Indeed it is:
<http://us.imdb.com/Quotes?0090555>

Buuut...

the continuation of the thread is from an episode of the Simpsons where the
Simpsons go to Australia (one of the funniest, IMHO):

Bart is playing with a pocketknife (I think) and an Australian comes up to
him saying "You call that a knife?  This is a knife!" and proceeds to pull
out a spoon.

Bart:
 >That's not a knife.  That's a spoon...

Australian:
 >Aaah, I see *you've* played knifey-spoony before.

The offshoot of this thread was from the Matrix:
<http://us.imdb.com/Quotes?0133093>

Spoon boy: Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead...
only try to realize the truth.
Neo: What truth?
Spoon boy: There is no spoon.
Neo: There is no spoon?
Spoon boy: Then you'll see, that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only
yourself.

--Ben

http://www.imaginuity.com/

   Whatever it is, I'm sure that I was just about to get to it.