[thechat] Dudes! Star Trek transporters are here

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 18 15:31:01 CDT 2002

> From: Martin Burns <martin at easyweb.co.uk>
>
> > i know i'm not... i
> > mean, it's cool to dupe yourself and all, but i hate dying...
>
> See, I just can't get past the 'not dying' requirement

unless it's for tax reasons... for, say, a year...

> > no, i'm much more interested in the Stargate style transporter,
> > which ecompasses you like a blender, and then with a careful
> > application of force, breaks up your physical form (use the pulse
> > setting on a blender and see) and pipes it up to the mothership in a
> > matter stream (sort of like pouring a milkshake into a mug, and
> > refreezing it, only less messy and more precise) and reconstitutes
> > it...
> >
> > that would be cool...
>
> With an error rate of < 0.00001%, maybe. And even then only if I
> didn't want any more kids.

heh...

so, if that error rate were applied to a year's worth of hosting you'd
be down for 5 minutes and 15 seconds...

i'd rather not be dead for that long... under 2 minutes is acceptable,
because hopefully then brain damage won't set in (any more than it
already has)...

applied to my weight, that's 3/10 of an ounce i'd lose every time i
transported... which might be a good weight loss program if they
*increase* the error rate...

--
Read the evolt.org case study
Usability: The Site Speaks for Itself