[thechat] Solve This Political Triangle

Sean G. ethanol at mathlab.sunysb.edu
Tue Jun 18 23:43:00 CDT 2002

Howdy,

Certainly it doesn't help that we have a very lopsided, irregular triangle.
The Saudis flying airplanes into buildings do not occupy the same vertex as
the Saudis who welcome the US troops and Western oil money.  And the Arabs
who welcome help from the West to keep Saddam contained are not the same
Arabs supporting Saddam.

There are similar divisions on the USA and Israel corners of the triangle as
well.

I don't see any significant improvement in relations until all parties
involved can treat each other as equals.  (Generally recognizing someone's
right to exist goes a long way towards that 'treating each other as equals'
point.)

=)

Sean G.