[thechat] Insultingly Stupid Movie Physics

Salvatore Palmisano spalmisano at usashs.com
Fri Jun 21 15:11:10 CDT 2002

>* Finally, something that's bugged me for almost 25 years... wouldn't
>the Bandit's TransAm (or even Bo Duke's General Lee) have been MANGLED
>beyond usefulness after making even one jump?

I read once they used several 'General Lee's' for each episode...once
one was jumped, it was trashed and needed to be replaced.  Obviously the
one they jumped in and out of in close ups was always the same. I guess
the writers believed the thrill of having it jump successfully was
greater than being true to the physics required for the jump. I don't
remember where I read this, though...I'll see if I can find it again.

.salvatore