[thechat] Report Names 'Sweatiest' U.S. City

Jonathon Isaac Swiderski jswiders at members.evolt.org
Fri Jun 21 18:09:01 CDT 2002

The cows moooved Bob Davis to say:

>><quote>
>>CHICAGO (Reuters) - Every year there's a new one: Most livable U.S. city,
>>friendliest city, town with the best manners. Now comes the first annual
>>sweatiest city award.
>>Top honors go to San Antonio, Texas.
>></quote>
>
> Um...well, yeah, it's sweaty here.
>
> http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=78209

For all those who think it's all snow and ice up here in Michigan, I'd like to point
out it gets pretty bloody sweaty up here, too. . . at 6p, the temp was a mere 73,
but the humidity was up around 85%. . . even when the temperature got up to not-
quite-90 yesterday (Wunderground sez 89.96. . .), the humidity only got down to 40%
at its lowest.
(http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KARB/2002/6/20/DailyHistory.html)
My house isn't air conditioned (well, not centrally, or automatically, and there was
noone home this afternoon), so it was about 85 when I got home tonight. . .

in other places where it gets this hot (like central/south america, or india), does
it really get this disgusting?

if new jersey is the armpit of america, does that make us the sweatsock?

together in sweat,

jonathon isaac swiderski
ann arbor, michigan, usa

Jonathon Isaac Swiderski       jswiders at cs.oberlin.edu
cs.oberlin.edu/~jswiders \ members.evolt.org/jswiders

"University of Wisconsin statistics department...
          where mean is normal, and deviation standard."