[thechat] World Cup predictions... Going out on a limb :-)

Paul Cowan evolt at funkwit.com
Mon Jun 24 01:17:01 CDT 2002

I wrote:
> England 2-1 Brazil a.e.t.
> USA 2-2 Germany a.e.t., Germany win on penalties (well.. you did say stick
> your neck out)
> Senegal 2-0 Turkey
> Spain 3-1 Korea

Wow. 1 out of 4. I really do suck, don't I?

Thought... mercy. Spain really WERE robbed, weren't they? That linesman
(sorry... assistant referee) was _very_ gung-ho. I mean... I saw a shitty
camera angle of it first up, and I was distracted and not watching closely,
but even I could see without the benefit of a replay that the ball crossed
in from the goal-line was NEVER out. Not even close.

But anyway.... from here on in:

Germany 2-0 Korea
Brazil 1-0 Turkey

then

Korea 1-0 Turkey for third place
Germany 2-1 after extra time golden goal

I look forward to making it 1 from 8. :)

Paul