[thechat] i'm getting woozy...

jcanfield at magisnetworks.com jcanfield at magisnetworks.com
Mon Jun 24 19:20:01 CDT 2002

> is it just me or does anybody else get this?  i often skim
> stuff (i.e. speed read, emails or web pages), and i've gotten
> so i can do it while scrolling -- but if i miss hitting the
> scrollbar, my eyes/brain expects the stuff to be scrolling,
> and when it isn't, i get woozy...

Does alcohol figure into this scenario? Nah, for me, if nothing happens, it
rarely makes me woozy.

> speaking of woozy, i thought i was going crosseyed here --
>
>   http://www.heritagecommunityfdn.org/
>
> but it's actually the image, it's crooked!!

I think it's an intentional trapezoid, which has had an, um, interesting
feature added by stretching the last pixel down the side of the page. Which
makes for a picture approximately shaped like California, except it's tilted
sort of like we had an earthquake (we don't really have earthquakes, by the
way; that's just a lie we tell to keep the furriners out.)

joel