[thechat] politics, guitars, etc...

jcanfield at magisnetworks.com jcanfield at magisnetworks.com
Wed Jun 26 14:15:03 CDT 2002

> I quite like the violin. I'm sure I won't find a single
> person here to agree with me. Perhaps it's because I read the
> Sherlock Holmes novels several times when I was a kid.
>
> I wish I knew how to play an instrument. :(
>
> Madhu

1. Love the violin. Great in classical music, but also, check out Stephane
Grappelli, first jazz violinist.
2. Pick one out, and practice. That's really all it takes. More practice =
more profficiency. I find keyboards easier 'cause they're linear, but a
guitar is easier to carry with you to the park, and less succeptible to heat
and humidity. Unless it's good quality, in which case you should leave India
prior to purchasing it.

Joel.