[thechat] politics, guitars, etc...

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Wed Jun 26 14:29:00 CDT 2002

At 12:30 AM 6/27/2002, jcanfield at magisnetworks.com wrote:
>1. Love the violin. Great in classical music, but also, check out Stephane
>Grappelli, first jazz violinist.

Hey Joel, what's that instrument Kenny G plays? It's not the saxophone,
that I know.

>Unless it's good quality, in which case you should leave India
>prior to purchasing it.

While I may bitch (brag?) about the heat in some parts of India, not all
parts of India are. The northern states are near the Himalayas (literal
translation = "home of snow") so it gets quite cold. I've been to a place
called Rohtang Pass that was 13500 feet above sea level. Brrrr...

(Note: it's pronounced "himaa-layaas", not "him-uh-layers" as westerners
often do ;)

Cheers,

Madhu