[thechat] Too much time on the internet (was SZH)

Jonathon Isaac Swiderski jswiders at members.evolt.org
Wed Jun 26 15:41:00 CDT 2002

The cows moooved Garrett Coakley to say:
> On Tue, Jun 25, 2002 at 10:00:55AM -0400, K Frey wrote:
>
>> Any thoughts...  How much time do you all spend on the internet on a daily
>> basis (outside of work)?

oy. . . i guess it depends on how much i can get a terminal for. . . less since I've
been home from college and its glorious 10/100 ethernet, but probably upwards of 40
hours a week (hey, i didn't say i had *no* ethernet access. . . just not at home :)
).

> But then I don\'t particularly like dealing with people face to face (unless
> there are a couple of pints between us) so I find the \'net suits my mind set
> perfectly *:)

+3 . . . which makes it odd to work on circ desk for a major university library, but
when the center city goes into near-recession every time the term's out, you take
what you can get. . .

Jonathon Isaac Swiderski       jswiders at cs.oberlin.edu
cs.oberlin.edu/~jswiders \\ members.evolt.org/jswiders

"University of Wisconsin statistics department...
          where mean is normal, and deviation standard."