[thechat] What?? WHAT?????

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 27 09:43:08 CDT 2002

> From: "Janet Green" <JGreen at desmoinesmetro.com>
>
> I hadn't realized before I read this that the phrase "under God" had
> only been inserted in 1954. Madhu, I see your point - it just astounds
> me that schoolkids have been reciting the pledge for all these years
> and suddenly it's an issue.  Of course, this will cost us a fortune
[...]

actually, it's been brought up a few times in a few different ways... i
used to have more info on it, but it was fought (back then, though,
challenging it was tantamount to political suicide -- only commies
didn't believe in god)...

but it is an oft-cited example of how church isn't always as
separate from state as many would like...

--
Read the evolt.org case study
Usability: The Site Speaks for Itself