[thechat] Good use of web for restaurants

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Fri Jun 28 05:30:00 CDT 2002

---- Original Message ----
From: "Martin Burns" <martin at easyweb.co.uk>
To: <thechat at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: Friday, June 28, 2002 11:05 AM
Subject: Re: [thechat] Good use of web for restaurants

> On Friday, June 28, 2002, at 11:02  am, William Anderson wrote:
>
> > shame about the airline tho :)
> > (says me who prefers BA)
>
> aha - so *you're* the person who prefers BA...
>
> Actually, for International, BA are pretty good. Just not on anything
> UK-internal.
>
> Pay business class fares, get cattle class service. No thanks.

funny, i've been routinely flying to LHR and back, for < UKP100 and on the
shuttle services, everyone gets treated equally - decent meal included on
morning flights, pleasant snacks on later flights, and them comfy BA seats
... love it.

Whereas:

  Ryanair - you fly on shit 737-200s inherited from Holland or somewhere
            and have to deal with the cabin crew trying to flog you
            perfumes and jewellry from their "inflight magazine" (aka
            catalogue).  and yes i know they ordered a load of -800s
            a couple of years ago, but those domestic flight -200s suck!

  easyjet - similar basic service, but at least the fleet is pretty new
            (a mix of 737-300s and -700s).  Oh dear god turn down the
            colours in the cabin!!!  Orange, orange everywhere!  And
            flying with them from Glasgow Intl means you have to wander
            down half a mile to the boondocks gates (same as Go) to
            actually get your flight!

  Go      - haven't flown with them for a while, but pre-easyjet buyout,
            they had a modicum of class inherited from BA.  The domestic
            flights had a much smaller selection than intl. flights, but
            at least the coffee wasn't too bad!  Flying from or returning
            to Edinburgh is evil, because the EDI<->STN shuttle usually
            arrived at gate 9, right opposite the Duty Free Dixons
            (basically cheap electrical gadgets) ... that Dixons cost me
            quite a few sets of batteries, APS films, a PSone, a
            a PlayStation2 and other goodies :)  The one in Stansted is
            responsible for my MiniDisc recordable walkman!!

--
_ __/|   ___  ___ __ _________  "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
\`O_o'  / _ \/ -_) // / __/ _ \  for Sega." -- Brodie, 'Mallrats'