[thechat] Fiercer beasts take a bite out of T. rex's reputation

Olly Hodgson gnarly at punkass.com
Sun Jun 30 18:11:01 CDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Martin Burns" <martin at easyweb.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [thechat] Fiercer beasts take a bite out of T. rex's reputation

> For most of the movie, the "Thinking Machines supercomputers" have Mac
> System7 desktops, but I have strong memories of the reboot sequence
> being a DOS boot...

I seem to remember that the TV series "Cracker"[1] used Amiga 5 / 6 / 1200s
with screenshots of wintel database programs for the criminal database
thingy. Why? Because their native output was viewable on TV without that
wierd scanline effect that you always get if you film a PC. Why they couldnt
use an Amiga native database program I'll never know... :-)

Olly

[1] It might have been Taggart or something. I cant remember that clearly.