[thechat] Intellectual Superiority Spam [Fwd: Fakes...]

Judah McAuley judah at wiredotter.com
Tue Jul 2 12:38:00 CDT 2002

Martin Burns wrote:
> It isn't trying to sell you anything *yet*.
>
> Not all marketers are dumb and unsubtle, wanting to smash and grap sales
> on the first date.

I've never received an unsolicited email from one of them, so I cannot
verify the veracity of this statement.

> Take a look at
> http://www.newmediawhore.com/article.php?story=20010630202731232
> and see if you can see any echoes.

Got a 404 error and no navigation from the top level.

On the other hand, I spent 5 minutes looking at the word list and tried
doing a google search for "escape indoctrination" and came up with
www.singlegoal.com which seems to fit the general mood of the email.
Names are different and details don't exactly match, but pretty close.
Interesting web site for a bit.  The design is pretty ugly though.  I
think I'm already a member of the Cult of Ugly Design, so I don't think
I can join their cult.

Oh well.

Judah