[thechat] OSX

dave mclean dave at members.evolt.org
Wed Jul 3 00:29:01 CDT 2002

>> OSX

On 2002.07.02 16:36, David Wagner wrote:
> I'd bet that in 6 months it will be a more useful tool, and less of a
> headache.

No way, it's not a headache at all.  I'm now using it daily at home and at
work.  It's a charm to have.  Try downloading the Mac OSX Guidebook from
somewhere.  It has a lot of basic rules to using the system... like #1:
Don't quit your apps.  Leave them open and they will give up the memory they
aren't using.  It will be faster for you in the long run if you don't have
to restart apps all the time.

It's a pleasure to use and will only get better by fall, when they roll out
Jaguar (10.2)

Good luck and have fun.

-d

____