[thechat] Annoying friggin' PC problem. Help?

Kath Kath at cyber-kat.com
Sun Jul 7 08:47:00 CDT 2002

We had the same problem when we installed Win2K on my new PC.  Since my
husband is our resident hardware.OS guru, I asked him.

Here is his reply ...

>Make sure you have the correct chip set drivers for your MB.
>Also if you have an ATA hard drive use the Microsoft drivers (can be
gotten from their web site)Also some non-complaint software will cause
problems.

It's probably not the power supply, because in my experience, they either
work or they don't.  If a power supply goes it's dead.  Also Windows
controls powering the machine on and off, so there is no bios setting to
allow you to use the switch to shut it off (assuming you have an ATX power
supply.)

HTH

Kath ...
Me --> www.cyber-kat.com