[thechat] [ugh]

Quackamoe quackamoe at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 9 14:47:23 CDT 2002

--- Erika Meyer <emeyer at lclark.edu> wrote:

> How to deal with criminal behavior?  Deal with
> social problems. Educate, feed, and empower people.

> It oughta be a no-brainer.

Yes, and following this logic we should be able to
count on the educated, well-fed, empowered leaders
of Enron, Worldcom, and other companies not to
engage in criminal behavior. Wait a minute. . . .

Well, we can certainly count on government officials
not to engage in criminal behavior. Oops.

But of course, no educated, well-fed, empowered
person would engage in child molestation or rape
would they? Oh.

Hmm, it seems this isn't a no-brainer after all.

Terry