[thechat] [ugh]

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Tue Jul 9 16:51:00 CDT 2002

Hi Erika,

Just a quick note in passing.

 From what I have seen of unsavory executive behavior
(in prior jobs - he hastens to add)
... it's not about greed ... it's about ego and power.
[And the "rush" from their use.]

These are people who are already financially set for life.

For folks at that point, (as Ted Turner once pointed out), it's not
about the money - the money is just a "score card" to keep
track of who's 'winning'.

It's a very different mentality and motivation.  I think it
may be an odd form of addiction not unlike the shoplifting of
a Wynona Rider, or the criminals who engage in that activity not
for the act itself or the 'gain' from the act itself - but
rather for the 'bragging rights' that derive from the act.

As I said, an odd mentality.

RonL.
(I don't condone it but I do think I have some empathic
understanding of it.)