[thechat] [ugh]

K Frey kristenannfrey at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 10 09:34:00 CDT 2002

From: "aardvark" <roselli at earthlink.net>
> no, but there are different standards applied to men... like i said,
> when government steps in to protect some, others are exposed...
> i've lost jobs to less qualified people because i'm a white male...
> yes, it provided opportunity, but it cost me opportunity...  that's a
> seldom-discussed and more insidious form of suppression...

I work at the University at Buffalo and my husband just graduated from there
in December and has been trying for almost a year now to get a job at the
University - even applying for jobs he's over-qualified for.  Fat chance
they'll ever call him for an interview - since he is on file at the
University as a White Male.

But I guess you say it worked out 50/50 in our case.

Kristy

P.S. - we need to have a Buffalo Beervolt sometime ... speak up all those in
the WNY area!