[thechat] Location, location, relocation (US -> CA)

Jonathon Isaac Swiderski jswiders at cs.oberlin.edu
Thu Jul 11 16:13:01 CDT 2002

while on the subject, I'd be interested in people's thoughts on going the
*other* way.  I'm from the US, 'though I'd like to be able to work/go to school
in Canada.  My understanding from Customs/Immigration & the Universities is that
it's virtually impossible to get financial aid as an international student in
Canada; my understanding from other sources is that it's just plain impossible
to get a job as a foreigner in Canada.  Anyone have or know of different
experiences?

thanks
jis

Jonathon Isaac Swiderski       jswiders at cs.oberlin.edu
cs.oberlin.edu/~jswiders \\ members.evolt.org/jswiders

Reason number #121 to use Linux: You don't laugh
when someone says they fingered a user.