[thechat] shipping to AU

Bob Davis bob at bobdavis.org
Thu Jul 11 18:02:08 CDT 2002

My sister moved to Australia recently, and I thought I'd send her
some treats from Texas (some *good* refried beans, *good* salsa/'hot
sauce', some bbq rub and sauce and some tortillas).

I looked at FedEx, and it would cost around US$90 to ship this all!
Damn! There's got to be a better way to get it there before she moves
back without it costing so much. I'd spend 1/4 of that and expect it,
but that's out of control.

Anyway, do any of you have experience with shipping smallish packages
to AU? What's the best deal?

She recently sent me a t-shirt (Victoria Bitter beer) along with some
Tim-Tams for Heather. The Tim-Tams are good! We don't have them here,
but we should!

TIA!

bob
--