[thechat] Beer (was re: shipping to AU)

Paul Cowan evolt at funkwit.com
Thu Jul 11 20:35:01 CDT 2002

Isaac wrote:
> Oh god. Don't wear that shirt! VB is awful!

Don't listen to him, he's from South Australia. That's the
Aussie equivalent of "He's from Barcelona".

Hehehe.

Anyway, it's not AWFUL. I mean, XXXX is awful. Toohey's is awful.
VB is passable (just). I'll pay Coopers, though.

> Here's what you should be buying (Pale Ale stuff specifically):
>
> http://www.coopers.com.au/cgi-bin/web_store/merchandise.cgi

Well, I might be a traitor to my flag, my country, and most of
all my Queen, but personally I think you oughta be buying THIS stuff:
http://www.guinness-webstore.com/guinness/hdocs/index2.asp

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Or, to not be a traitor to my Queen (bless her imperialistic little heart),
I've been getting more and more attached to this stuff of late:
http://www.newcastlebrown.com/

And if you insist on Australian: for lovers of the dark, Carlton
Black Ale (a fairly new beverage, I believe) is one I've tried a couple
of times of late. Yummo.

Paul