[thechat] Hard drive failure: disk recovery

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Fri Jul 12 15:51:01 CDT 2002

Cory Preus wrote:

> Just thought I'd ping ya'll for data recovery info. My boss' friend's hard
> drive crashed with 2+ years of work on it. She looked into one recovery
> service and was quoted $100 to look at it and if it is recoverable, $500-2k
> for the data extraction.
>
> Does anybody have any experience with a service such as this?

Yep, I used a local one when my main drive started making clunking
sounds - while I was trying to make a backup CD, savor /that/ irony :-)

Gave me my critical data back on CDs and managed to get the drive
running again as well! Cost around ~$400 if I recall correctly ...

--
H*
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

    -- creating dynamic Web sites and applications since 1994 --