[thechat] Location, location, relocation

dave mclean dave at members.evolt.org
Sat Jul 13 16:32:00 CDT 2002

On 2002.07.11 12:21, Judah McAuley wrote:

> 3) Move to Canada.  I understand that its quite easy to move from
> Britain to Canada.  Once you are in Canada you're basically an American
> as far as we are concerned.  This country just doesn't pay much
> attention to Canadians.

I wouldn't be so sure about that.  Immigrating to Canada is getting trickier
and trickier these days.  My in-laws came over from Jolly-old in 1975 when
we needed all the skilled labour that was available.  Now I doubt they would
pass the test to move here.  In fact, they say that most Canadians wouldn't
even pass the rigorous tests to get in, unless of course you already have
family here to sponsor you.

As for American not paying much attention to Canadians... that's the plan.
<nod>

Keep looking the other way, there's nothing to see here.

I've said too much already.

-d

____
damclean 403.708.6215