[thechat] Name Gender

Joel Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Sat Jul 13 18:25:01 CDT 2002

> It's possible, but you'd think that people would be more
> accepting of that. I once received a letter in the mail to
> Miss David McLean.  I thought it funny and posted the
> envelope on my bulletin board. I'd laugh and make necessary
> corrections, but never ignore someone for calling me a "Miss."
>
> -d
>
> ____
> damclean 403.708.6215
> dave at members.evolt.org
> evolt.org member since: 1998

My general manager at the office supply company I worked at years ago was a
great guy named Brian Neal. Well, he got lots of mail addressed to 'Brian
Neil', needless to say, that spelling being more common in the US, but the
best mis-addressed mail I've *ever* seen was a letter clearly addressed to

Brain Meal

which still makes me gag today.

joel