[thechat] Sentenced to Death

John Handelaar john at userfrenzy.com
Mon Jul 15 18:16:12 CDT 2002

Here's a stunning piece of information, fact fans: I was
at school with this kid.

Another fact:  last time he was in custody it was in
connection with the beheading of a party of 4 Scandinavians
in (iirc) 1997.  He was released in exchange for a planeful
of hostages 12 months later.

He *was* guilty of that crime.  I'm not entirely convinced
that he's responsible for the murder of Daniel Pearl, not
least because the (very very shoddy) prosecution admitted
he was over 1500 miles from the scene of the crime at the
time.

In the US or Europe 'Reasonable doubt' would have prevented
this conviction.

John Handelaar

T +44 20 8933 1494       M +44 7930 681789
F +44 870 169 7657   E john at userfrenzy.com