[thechat] Hollywood Movies and Families

Plunkett, Matt MPlunkett at MSA.com
Thu Jul 18 14:43:00 CDT 2002

American movies have a rating system.  I don't want to browse the MPAA at
work, but you can check out their website to see the differences between PG,
PG-13, etc: www.mpaa.org.  The ratings are mostly a guideline, which I think
is a good idea.  Unfortunately imho, many communities make laws about which
ages can see which movies. Censoring art in the name of morality is not a
good idea, especially in a pluralistic society like the US.  If you don't
like it, don't watch it.