[thechat] Romance scoring

Michele Wandrei michele at inthree.com
Thu Jul 18 18:15:01 CDT 2002

> Hey, sounds like that crazy game called Quiditch (sp?) from the
Harry
> Potter books. I never understood it. If catching the little
darting ball
> (can't remember the name) immediately ends the game with a
victory for the
> catching side, what is the whole bloody point of trying to hit
the
> "quaffle" around? I'd just set all four players to catch the
little shit.

> Not logical at all. Old JK slipped on that.

Actually, when the little darting ball (the golden snitch) is
caught, the catching team is awarded 150 points (IIRC), and the
game ends.  So, it's possible that the other team may still win,
if they were far enough ahead.

Looks like I need to get a life, eh?

Michele
(Whose sons (8 and 10) like to run around the house and yard with
brooms and every kind of ball imaginable, playing Ground
Quidditch, and who is currently 1/2 way through The Goblet of
Fire with the same sons.)

Michele Wandrei
inThree Design
www.inthree.com