[thechat] FPS... in 5k

Lachlan Cannon luminosity at members.evolt.org
Sat Jul 20 04:50:00 CDT 2002

Martin Burns wrote:
> http://entries.the5k.org/946/wolf5k.html
>
> 3-d rendering? Pah.

FPS here meaning First Person & Shit?

Seriously.. it's sorta cool, BUT impossible to play. So slow, and hard
to find your way around, let alone see the indicators at the bottom of
the 'screen'. Replicating wolfy in b&w at full screen... now that would
be an accomplishment.

In fact, I found most of the entries I tried out were rather shit. The
reflections thingy worked but was boring, and the ending was so
...sudden. The chess game was stupid since you couldn't see your piece
had moved after you moved it, until the next move was done. The ninja
game had very bad collision detection that made it super hard to play...
and yet these were all rated well. Bah.

--
Lach
http://members.evolt.org/luminosity/