[thechat] On July 20th, 1969, humans first set foot on the Moon.

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Sat Jul 20 18:39:01 CDT 2002

---- Original Message ----
From: "Jonathon Isaac Swiderski" <jswiders at cs.oberlin.edu>
To: "thechat" <thechat at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: Saturday, July 20, 2002 10:30 PM
Subject: Re: [thechat] On July 20th, 1969, humans first set foot on the
Moon.

> > anybody else old enough to remember?
>
> :)  i'll just say the next day was my mother's 17th birthday, and
> leave it at that.
>
> >   -- january 16 1991
>
> maybe 'cause I was 8 at the time, but I was still trying figure out
> what this one was when i read joe's message immediately next.  I have
> faint memories of watching cnn broadcasts of the air raids, but not
> much.

d'oh, gulf war ... I always associate that "limited police skirmish" with
1990 for some reason, probably due to the initial occupation taking place
that August (IIRC).  I remember buying a tabloid newspaper that morning as I
went to school, as it was primarily taken up with details of what had
happened the day before, and secretly hoped that a war would mean my Higher
Art practical exam would be cancelled!

--
_ __/|   ___  ___ __ _________  "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
\`O_o'  / _ \/ -_) // / __/ _ \  for Sega." -- Brodie, 'Mallrats'