[thechat] On July 20th, 1969, humans first set foot on the Moon.

dave mclean dave at members.evolt.org
Sun Jul 21 12:51:00 CDT 2002

On 2002.07.21 11:33, rudy wrote:

> we need something joyous and glorious and exhilarating and just plain GOOD
> to happen to the entire world the way some of those other events did

Hey now, we talked about the moon landing... and Sputnik.

What other major international events, that were not specific nationalism
efforts made you stop and remember the significance of the event?  Has our
generation had many?  Any?

Well, there is one that comes to mind immediately.

The Internet.

Any others?

-d
ps. destruction is easy to remember which date it occurred because it
happens in an instant.  Construction & positive change takes time.
____
damclean 403.708.6215
dave at members.evolt.org
evolt.org member since: 1998