[thechat] Roxio

Salvatore Palmisano spalmisano at usashs.com
Mon Jul 22 12:07:01 CDT 2002

My mother has been at a friend's computer for the past month and has
been backing up Quicken data to a cdr drive that had Roxio's EZ CD
Creator installed. She's now at a machine that doesn't have the Roxio
software installed, and is unable to read the backup data.

I wasn't able to locate a demo version of EZ CD Creator on Roxio's site,
and I'm not sure if the only way to view the data is with that software.
I've not used it since it was Adaptec's and I know they used a tsr that
allowed the drive to be accessable as any other type of drive...but I
don't recall if the data is accessable with any other type of software.

Do I have to have Roxio's software installed to get that data off if it?
Anyone have any ideas about how to view this? The machine (and cdr
drive) she's at now works fine, and either using Windows Explorer or the
command line she only gets: 'please insert a disc into drive f:'

Any ideas?
Thanks.

.salvatore