[thechat] Safest Investment (fwd)

Jonathon Isaac Swiderski jswiders at cs.oberlin.edu
Mon Jul 22 15:17:00 CDT 2002

> PBR is so popular here...  that it's actually seen by some as a "hip"
> beer... which I don't quite get.. but it seems to play  along with
> the slacker grunge thing the NW does so well... ripped-up jeans,
> dirty white sneakers, stinky T-shirt, bummed cigarette and a cold
> PBR... mmm.

it's the beer of choice at Oberlin College in Ohio (which is just all the
cliche bits of Portland, Seattle, SF, & NY a step removed and smushed in
among the cornfields), esp. among the hipster co-op kids i lived with
freshman year. . . .

Jonathon Isaac Swiderski       jswiders at cs.oberlin.edu
cs.oberlin.edu/~jswiders \\ members.evolt.org/jswiders

Reason number #120 to use Linux: It's more fun
to say 'tarball' than it is to say 'zip.'