[thechat] OMFG

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Mon Jul 22 19:38:01 CDT 2002

---- Original Message ----
From: "Paul Cowan" <evolt at funkwit.com>
To: <thechat at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 23, 2002 12:52 AM
Subject: Re: [thechat] OMFG

> William Anderson wrote:
> > oh totally, but how many people actually *sign up* and *keep
> > paying* for realone passes ...
>
> I maintain, to this day, that RealOne is the single worst piece of
> software I have ever had the misfortune to use.
>
> I mean... REALLY. It's awful. RealJukebox was, while buggy, not too
> bad a piece of software. RealOne is an abomination, verily, unto all
> gods ever worshipped, by anyone, ever: past, present, future, and in
> all possible alternate dimensions. I refuse to believe there is any
> sort of parallel plane of existence, anywhere, where someone has made
> a worse computer program.

funny, I've had no end of fun with it - it's one of the best CD rippers I've
come across - it even managed to rip my supposedly unrippable copy of the
soundtrack for Star Wars Episode II.  And no, I don't let it make MP3's - I
rip to .wav and encode using another program called BladeEnc.

--
_ __/|   ___  ___ __ _________  "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
\`O_o'  / _ \/ -_) // / __/ _ \  for Sega." -- Brodie, 'Mallrats'