[thechat] Re: web developers faced with catastrophe?

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Thu Jul 25 11:43:08 CDT 2002

Absolutely right.  There are atrocities going on at different
locations around the world, and it is wrong to bury our heads in the
sand think "it will never happen here."   As long as we stand back
allow such things to happen to others, all of us are at risk.   The
web gives us the power to give voice to those who have no voice in
mass media (because they're drowned out by news of the latest
hollywood movies, or similar.)

So Chris, I'm forwarding your message to evolt.org's the chat, which
is where this sort of post is supposed to go.   Hope to see you there.

Thanks,
Erika