[thechat] legodeath

javier velasco lists at mantruc.com
Sat Jul 27 03:25:01 CDT 2002

Jonathon Isaac Swiderski wrote:

> > Although is suspect it's not precisely what you intended to say:
> > "Yo tengo los pantalones de fuego" means "I have the fire pants",
> > if you mean "My pants are on fire" you'd say "Mis pantalones están en
> > llamas" :-)
>
> er. . . my pants are on small south-american camels?

besides the camelid, "llama" is also spanish for "flame"

martin: even more dangerous than the llamas (the animal, not flame) are
the guanacos (their cousins), they spit when they feel threatened, if
you see an angry guanaco, run like hell!

aard: are you actually a big LEGO fan?
i still have my lego city in my parents' attic :)
(and the smiley in courier always reminds me of my lego family, but i've
mentionde it before)

cheers
javier