[thechat] Subway (was: Lawsuits of our time)

dave mclean dave at members.evolt.org
Sat Jul 27 11:37:00 CDT 2002

On 2002.07.27 04:47, William Anderson wrote:

> I now go for a subway. Better for you and
>> tastes so much nicer!
>
> I fail to see how a footlong with meatballs, lettuce, dill pickle, mayo,
> mustard and  a coke is less fattening than a bacon double xl with large
> fries and a coke :)  Is there something *healthy* in that footlong?!

It depends on what you order.

Many of their healthy subs involve getting no cheese/mayo/sauce/extra meat.
When I go to Subway, which isn't so often now, I get a veggie sub with
cheese, honey mustard sauce and lots of veggies.

I don't eat the meat there because it has enough preservatives in it to stay
good for up to 45 days.  I used to work at a sports arena that owns a Subway
franchise, I found out a lot of things.

I've also found that Subway gives me gas... I'm not sure which ingredient
that is, but it makes for a hard afternoon at work if I'm trying to hold it
in on both ends... if you know what I mean.

-d

____
damclean 403.708.6215
dave at members.evolt.org